The health and safety of my students and their families is of the utmost importance to me. Here’s what I am doing to prepare for in-person sessions:
- First and foremost, if your child is feeling ill or currently has a fever, we will postpone the session at no penalty to you.
- All shared surfaces of the tutoring area are being sanitized and disinfected at the completion of each session
- Students’ writing utensils and paperwork, and small, hand-held learning tools are theirs during their time as a student, individually, and are not shared amongst others.
- Facility surfaces (door knobs, bathroom, etc) are cleaned at the completion of the session
- Beginning and start times will stagger a bit more to ensure two families are not on site at the same time
- Masks are welcome, but not required
I appreciate your cooperation as I do my part to keep a sanitary environment.
If you are not comfortable having in home tutoring, I offer E-Learning online tutoring. Contact me for details.
What’s your educational background?
I am a certified Elementary Education teacher with a master’s degree in Reading Education. I am certified in Reading for Grades K-12. My extensive experience comes from working as a Reading Specialist with Pre-K to Grade 6 students in the public schools, where I taught for 13 years in Pittsburgh, Penn. After moving to Fort Wayne, Ind., and transferring my teaching certificate to the state, I am now ready to share my experiences with you.
How do I know if you can help our child?
You’re probably looking for a guarantee that your child will improve. I can say with certainty, that EVERY student I’ve ever tutored has improved their reading abilities. The extent of which your child will improve is dependent on many factors. However, know that our custom-tailored plans are developed for one reason: to help him or her improve their reading abilities.
What grades do you tutor?
I tutor students from kindergarten through sixth grade (homeschooled children included).
What children ages do you tutor?
Typically, the students are aged three through 12, but I focus more on reading ability than on age.
Do you tutor any subjects besides reading?
I focus all our efforts on the study of reading improvement. Only then are you getting someone who is trained and able to determine the true challenges your student may have to overcome.
When will I see results?
As mentioned above, every student is different. I’ve had students improve their levels by two grade levels in a matter of months, and I’ve had students that took an entire summer to master the skills necessary to advance to the next level. Progress is dependent on our ability to see your student multiple times and your student’s desire and willingness to work with me.
How can I help my child improve?
Parental involvement is key to the outcome. I expect parents to stay engaged to ensure the student is doing what’s asked of him or her.